Saturday 4 August 1945
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fred Hansen and John Qace Hardbattle.
Lady on a Train, directed by Charles David, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1945!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1945 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Fred Hansen: United States -- Pole vaulter (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- John Qace Hardbattle: Political activist.
- Mario Bonomi: Italian industrialist.
- Jean-Marie Burguburu: French lawyer, who served as Chairman of the Paris Bar, 2004-2005.
- Gennadiy Burbulis: Russian politician, russian secretary of state, alter-ego of president boris yeltsin.
- Alan Mulally: American businessman who helped Boeing reinvent itself and became CEO of Ford Motor Company in 2006. He grew up in Kansas, landed a job at Boeing as a young junior engineer in 1969, ascended through the ranks, taking over its commercial aircraft division in 1998 and ultimately becoming company president. He is credited with radically increasing orders and operating margins.
- Alain Passard: French chef and owner of the three-star restaurant L'Arpège in Paris.
- Jean-Loup Rouyer: French tennis player, who died on 28 December 2007 in Paris.
- Paul McCarthy: American painter and sculptor
- Red Sox Tom McBride is 3rd to get 6 RBIs in an inning (4th)
- Golfer Byron Nelson records most tournament wins (18) in a season.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Can't You Read Between the Lines? - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
- Gotta be This or That - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?