Wednesday 4 August 1948
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Mr. Peabody and the Mermaid, directed by Irving Pichel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1948!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1948 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
Famous Birthdays:04 August
- 5 day southern filibuster succeeds in maintaining poll tax
- Five-day southern filibuster succeeds in maintaining poll tax.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- You Call Everybody Darlin' - Anne Vincent
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 August 1948 and get them!