Monday 4 August 1952
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bobby Buntrock in Denver and Daniel Bautista.
Full House, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Masquerade Party.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1952!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1952 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Bobby Buntrock in Denver: Colorado, USA; actor (Harold Baxter - Hazel).
- Daniel Bautista: Mexico -- 20k walker (1976 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Kristoffer Tabori in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Rappaccini's Daughter).
- Gabor Demszky: Hungarian politician.
- James Arbuthnot: English lawyer and politician Secretary of State for Business Innovation and Skills.
- Moya Brennan: Irish singer-songwriter and harp player (Clannad and T with the Maggies)
- Gábor Demszky: Hungarian sociologist lawyer and politician
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?