Tuesday 4 August 1953
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Cruel Sea, directed by Charles Frend, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Dark Angel by Mika Waltari was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1953!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1953 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Joanie Spina: American magician dancer and choreographer (d. 2014).
- Vini Reilly: English guitarist (The Durutti Column and The Invisible Girls).
- Hiroyuki Usui: Japanese footballer and manager.
- Annick Coupé: French trade unionist, spokeswoman since 2001 for the Union syndicale Solidaires, representing about 80 000 members.
- Black families move into Trumbull Park housing project in Chicago
- Vic Raschi sets pitcher record by driving in seven runs and wins 15-0.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?