Wednesday 4 August 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Robinson Crusoe, directed by Luis Buuel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1954!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1954 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Anatoliy Kinakh: Ukrainian engineer and politician 11th Prime Minister of Ukraine.
- François Valéry: Algerian-French singer-songwriter.
- Janet Coles: LPGA golfer.
- Francois Valery: French singer-songwriter and composer.
- Boscombe Down 1st flight of supersonic P-1 Lightning
- The Government of Pakistan approves Qaumi Tarana, written by Hafeez Jullundhry and composed by Ahmed Ghulamali Chagla, as the national anthem.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Les Baxter & His Orchestra - The High And The Mighty
- The High and the Mighty - Leroy Holmes & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?