Sunday 4 August 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Band of Angels, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1957!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1957 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Brooks Simpson: American historian and author.
- Valdis Valters: Latvian basketball player and coach.
- John Wark: Scottish footballer and sportscaster.
- Robert E Andrews: (Rep-D-New Jersey).
- Brooks D Simpson: American historian.
- Juan Manuel Fangio, driving for Maserati, wins the Formula One German Grand Prix, clinching (with 4 wins that season) his record 5th world drivers championship, including his 4th consecutive championship (also a record) these 2 records endure for nearly half a century.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Billy Williams - I'm Gonna Sit Right Down & Write Myself A Letter
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Patti Page - Old Cape Cod
- Johnny Mathis - It's Not For Me To Say
- Larry Williams - Short Fat Fannie
- Nat King Cole - Send For Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 August 1957 and get them!