Monday 4 August 1958
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Greg Foster and Mary Decker Tabb Slaney.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Poor Little Fool by Ricky Nelson.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
The Fly, directed by Kurt Neumann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frontier Justice.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1958!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1958 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Greg Foster: Maywood, Illinois -- 110m hurdler (1984 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Mary Decker Tabb Slaney: New Jersey, United States -- Olympic track star (mile record 4:16.
- Allison Hedge Coke: American poet and writer.
- Mary Decker: American athlete, the holder of the U.S.
- Ian Broudie: English singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (The Lightning Seeds Big in Japan and Care).
- Allison Coke: American-Canadian poet and academic
- Kym Karath: American actress and singer
- Silvan Shalom: Tunisian-Israeli sergeant and politician 30th Deputy Prime Minister of Israel
- Ethel Anderson: Australian poet author and painter (d. 1958).
- Dumont TV Network crumbles
- The Billboard Hot 100 is founded.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?