Thursday 4 August 1960
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robbin Crosby and Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to I'm Sorry by Brenda Lee.
In UK Please Don't Tease by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Ocean's Eleven, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1960!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1960 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Robbin Crosby: Heavy metal rock guitarist / vocals (Ratt-Round & Round).
- Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero: 5th Prime Minister of Spain.
- Jose Zapatero: Spanish politician, who was elected to Prime Minister in the election of March 14, 2004, three days after bomb blasts killed over 140 people and injured more than 1400 at rush hour in Madrid.
- Chuck Lopez: American jockey.
- Dean Malenko: American wrestler referee and trainer.
- José Zapatero: Spanish academic and politician 5th Prime Minister of Spain
- Bernard Rose: English director screenwriter and cinematographer
- Tim Winton: Australian author and playwright
- Rocket propelled US Air Force research aircraft sets record at 2,150 MPH.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Brenda Lee - I'm Sorry
- Brian Hyland - Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini
- Elvis Presley - It's Now Or Never
- Roy Orbison - Only The Lonely (Know The Way I Feel)
- Hollywood Argyles - Alley-Oop
- Safaris - Image Of A Girl
- Ray Peterson - Tell Laura I Love Her
- Hank Locklin - Please Help Me, I'm Falling
- The Fendermen - Mule Skinner Blues
- Brenda Lee - That's All You Gotta Do
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?