Friday 4 August 1961
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pascal Nègre and Barack Obama.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Tossin' And Turnin' by Bobby Lewis.
In UK Runaway by Del Shannon was in the top 5 hits.
Come September, directed by Robert Mulligan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1961!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1961 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Pascal Nègre: French businessman, the current CEO of Universal Music France, president of the Civil Society of Phonographic Producers (French: la société civile des producteurs phonographiques) and chairman of the Civil Society of associated producers (French: Société civile des producteurs associés) in which capacity he regularly cracks down on illegal downloading of copyrighted works.
- Barack Obama: American President elected in 2008, lawyer, and civil rights activist.
- Béatrice Vialle: French aviatrix, one of the two operational female Concorde pilots and the first French female pilot on a supersonic airliner.
- Eddie James: American murderer and sex offender.
- Lauren Tom: American actress and singer.
- 28th NFL Chicago All-Star Game: Philadelphia 28, All-Stars 14 (66,000)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 August 1961
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Lewis - Tossin' And Turnin'
- Chris Kenner - I Like It Like That, Part 1
- Brook Benton - The Boll Weevil Song
- Brenda Lee - Dum Dum
- Del Shannon - Hats Off To Larry
- Gary U.S. Bonds - Quarter To Three
- Mar-Keys - Last Night
- Connie Francis - Together
- Chubby Checker - Let's Twist Again
- Arthur Lyman Group - Yellow Bird
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?