Tuesday 4 August 1987
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jang Geun Suk and Jang Keun-suk.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For by U2.
In UK It's A Sin by Pet Shop Boys was in the top 5 hits.
Masters of the Universe, directed by Gary Goddard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Patriot Games by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Steel Riders.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 221B Baker Street or Amaurote.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1987.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1987!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1987 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Jang Geun Suk: Korean actor.
- Jang Keun-suk: South Korean actor and singer.
- Marreese Speights: Marreese Speights American basketball player.
- Tomoya Warabino: Japanese actor.
- Phil Younghusband: English Filipino footballer.
- Kenny Price: Comedian (Midwestern Hayride, Hee Haw), dies at 56.
- At the Kingdome, Ruppert Jones hits a foul ball that sticks in speaker
- FCC vote 4-0 to rescind fairness doctrine for broadcasters
- The US Federal Communications Commission votes 4-0 to rescind the Fairness Doctrine, which had required radio and television stations to "fairly" present controversial issues.
- The Federal Communications Commission rescinds the Fairness Doctrine which had required radio and television stations to present controversial issues ''fairly''.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?