Monday 4 August 2003
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Crazy In Love by Beyonce.
In UK Crazy In Love by Beyonce was in the top 5 hits.
S.W.A.T., directed by Clark Johnson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution by Robert C. Atkins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tinseltown TV.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Wrath of the Darkhul King or Cabela's Big Game Hunter: 2004 Season.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 2003!
Which were the important events of 4 August 2003 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 August
- Construction workers of Qiqihar, Heilongjiang Province, People's Republic of China accidentally dig out five Japanese mustard gas bombs from the Sino-Japanese War (1937-1945). Two of the bombs are damaged, and the gas poisons 43 (one died 19 days later). Japan a week later accepts responsibility and sends doctors and compensation to China.
- The clergy and lay people of the Episcopal Church in the United States of America, by a comfortable margin, vote in favor of the appointment of an openly gay bishop. The vote is thought likely to get confirmation from the bishops' collegium, which however is delayed due to last minute independent allegations of misconduct and intense conservative opposition.
- ''SCO v. IBM Linux lawsuit:'' Reuters have reported that Red Hat intends to start legal action against SCO to establish that SCO's claims against the Linux operating system are invalid.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?