Friday 4 August 2006
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
Step Up, directed by Anne Fletcher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Chill Factor by Sandra Brown was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 2006!
Which were the important events of 4 August 2006 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 August
- A massacre, is carried out by Sri Lankan government forces, killing 17 employees of the French INGO Action Against Hunger (known internationally as Action Contre la Faim, or ACF).
- The Domesday Book, the 920-year-old census record of England under William the Conqueror, goes online. (Reuters)
- Viktor Yanukovych became Prime minister of Ukraine.
- Lord's Resistance Army second-in-command Vincent Otti declares an immediate, unilateral ceasefire in the rebel group's 20-year insurgency against the government of Uganda. (BBC)
- 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict:
- Three Hezbollah rockets hit near the Israeli town of Hadera, south of the Lebanese border and the deepest penetration within Israel to date. (AP via CNews)
- A senior Iranian official admits for the first time that Tehran did indeed supply long-range Zelzal-2 missiles to Hezbollah, capable of carrying a 600-kg warhead an estimated 210 km. (Haaretz)
- 3 Israeli civilians are killed and at least 50 wounded as some 140 rockets hit Israeli towns, raising to 10 the number of Israeli Arab citizens killed in the ongoing conflict. (MFA)
- 2006 Qaa airstrike: An Israeli air strike near Lebanon's north-eastern border with Syria has killed at least 23 people and injured 30, Lebanese officials have said. (BBC NEWS)
- Ayatollah Ahmad Jannati, who heads the Iranian Council of Guardians, said, ampquotSupport for Hizbollah is a dutyampquot. (IRNA)
- Somalia's transitional government is on the verge of collapse after 38 ministers and assistant ministers quit in the past nine days in protest against the governments failure to make a deal with the Supreme Islamic Courts Council. (csmonitor)
- Arizona police in the United States announce the arrests of two men who are accused of 35 attacks and murders. (azfamily)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?