Saturday 4 August 2007
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Hey There Delilah by Plain White T's.
In UK Umbrella by Rihanna featuring Jay-Z was in the top 5 hits.
Stardust, directed by Matthew Vaughn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Quickie by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 2007!
Which were the important events of 4 August 2007 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 August
- Raul Hilberg: Austrian-born American political scientist and historian of the Holocaust (Born 1926).
- At Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida, NASA launches a Delta II rocket carrying the Mars Phoenix lander to explore the north of Mars.
- NASA's Phoenix spaceship is launched.
- Airport police officer Maria del Lujan Telpuk discovers a suitcase containing the undeclared sum of US$800,000 as it goes through an x-ray machine in Aeroparque Jorge Newbery in Buenos Aires, sparking an international scandal involving Venezuela and Argentina known as ''Maletinazo''.
- The Phoenix spacecraft launches toward the Martian north pole.
- A natural gas pipeline between Turkey and Greece is completed allowing gas to be sent from the Middle East to Europe. (Today's Zaman)
- An outbreak of foot-and-mouth disease in Surrey, England prompts the banning of exports of British livestock and other animal products. (GlobeMail)
- Jesse V. Spielman a United States Army soldier is sentenced to 110 years for his role in the gang-rape and murder of 14 old Iraqi girl Abeer Qassim Hamza al-Janabi and the murder of her family. (CNN)
- The United States House of Representatives passes the budget for the United States Department of Defense. (Fox News)
- A vehicle with Florida license plates driven by men of Middle Eastern origin is stopped by police in Goose Creek, South Carolina, and found to be carrying explosive devices. (ABC)
- San Francisco Giants outfielder Barry Bonds ties Hank Aaron for most career home runs with 755, while Alex Rodriguez becomes the youngest player to hit 500 home runs in Major League Baseball. (Sports Illustrated)
- Oakland police claim that a 19-year-old man has confessed to the murder of Chauncey Bailey, the editor of ''The Oakland Post''. (CNN)
- United States forces claim that they have killed Haitham al-Badri, the leader of al-Qaeda in Salahuddin province in Iraq and believed to be the man responsible for the bombing of the Al-Askari Mosque in Samarra in June. (Reuters)
- NASA launches the Phoenix Mars Lander which is due to land in Planum Boreum on the Martian northern ice cap next year. (AP via Washington Post)
- 2007 South Asian floods: The Ganges River system will come under further strain from monsoon floods as 20 million are homeless in Nepal, India and Bangladesh. Almost 200 people have died. (BBC)
- Ten pro-Taliban militants and four Pakistan Army soldiers are killed in a clash in North Waziristan near the Afghanistan border. In another incident, a suicide car bomber kills six in Parachinar, North West Frontier Province in Pakistan. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Plain White T's - Hey There Delilah
- Fergie - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Rihanna - Umbrella
- Timbaland - The Way I Are
- Shop Boyz - Party Like A Rockstar
- What Time Is It - High School Musical 2 Cast
- Akon - Sorry, Blame It On Me
- Hurricane Chris - A Bay Bay
- T-Pain - Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin')
- Bartender - T-Pain
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?