Wednesday 4 August 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
Step Up 3D, directed by Jon M. Chu, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 2010!
Which were the important events of 4 August 2010 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 August
- California's Proposition 8, the ballot initiative prohibiting same-sex marriage passed by the state's voters in 2008, is overturned by Judge Vaughn Walker in the case Perry v. Schwarzenegger.
- About 70 Indian police personnel are reported missing in Chhattisgarh forests amid a major engagement with Maoist guerrillas they are later found. No casualties have been reported. (Aljazeera)
- Lebanon arrests a man it suspects has spied for Israel. (Aljazeera)
- Israeli shellfire kills a Palestinian militant and wounds 1 other in Khan Yunis in the Gaza Strip as the search gets underway for further casualties. (Reuters)
- Corpses belonging to 59 migrants are located in a desert in the U.S. state of Arizona. (BBC)
- Police in Karachi arrest suspects in its investigation into a recent assassination, as the death toll in riots reaches 63. (BBC)
- At least 6 people are killed and around 50 others are injured in twin car bombings in Kut. (BBC)
- A suicide attack kills 4 people, a paramilitary commander Sifwat Ghuyur and three bodyguards, in Peshawar. (BBC)
- Adaisseh incident:
- The United Nations Peacekeeping Forces assert that Israeli soldiers were attacked in Israeli territory while performing routine maintenance, leading to yesterday's deadly clash. (Boston Herald)
- Hezbollah's second in command Naim Qassem warns that the organisation will ampquotretaliateampquot against Israel if there are further incidents. (AFP via Google News)
- The Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu warns both Hamas and Lebanon about further attacks on Israelis. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- A Lebanese government official confirms that Israel was not in violation of international law. (ANSAmed)
- Officials say more than 28,000 people have died in Mexican drug violence since December 2006, thousands more than previously thought. (BBC)
- India expresses deep regret that its police had to kill at least 28 people this week in Kashmir, with its Home Affairs Minister requesting that protesters stop. (BBC)
- New Zealand experiences its first combat fatality in Afghanistan he was also the country's first military death in fighting anywhere for a decade. (''The Washington Post'')
- A man found dead in forest near Trongsa is thought to have been killed by a tiger, possibly Bhutan's first such death in 15 years. (BBC)
- A controlled explosion is carried out on a device discovered beneath the car of a serving soldier, believed to be an army major, in Bangor, County Down in Northern Ireland. (''The Guardian'')
- A vault containing non-words - those rejected by the ''Oxford English Dictionary'' - is uncovered. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Sharers of the Radiohead album ''In Rainbows'', once offered by the band for nothing, are sent cease-and-desist letters by the RIAA and IFPI. (''The Guardian'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?