Friday 4 December 1908
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include A D Hershey and Helmut Thielicke.
The Tenth Act of Taikoki, directed by Sakiji Ichikawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 1908!
Which were the important events of 4 December 1908 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
- A D Hershey: United States -- Biologist, worked with bacteriophages (Nobel 1969).
- Helmut Thielicke: German Protestant theologian and rector of the University of Hamburg from 1960 to 1978.
- Alfred Hershey: American bacteriologist and geneticist Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1997).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- It Looks Like a Big Night To-Night - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Rainbow - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
- Are You Sincere? - Byron G. Harlan
- Beautiful Isle of Somewhere - Harry Anthony & James F. Harrison
- You Have Always Been the Same Old Pal - Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?