Sunday 4 December 1932
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
A Farewell to Arms, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 1932!
Which were the important events of 4 December 1932 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
- James Cheek: American professor of theology, university president.
- Roh Tae Woo in Taegu: South Korea; President of South Korea (1988-93).
- Edgar Valcarcel: Composer.
- Joanne Battiste: Artist (heroines).
- Roh Tae-woo: South Korean general and politician 6th President of South Korea.
- Ian Channel: British-born New Zealander eccentric, known as 'The Wizard of New Zealand,' famous as the country’s only official Wizard In the 1950s he drifted, serving a stint in the Royal Air Force, working as a saleperson and teaching in the Middle East. In 1960 he enrolled in Leeds University. After earning his degree in psychology and sociology, he moved to Australia and worked as a lecturer and organizer for the community and for the arts. In 1967 he landed an assignment as college instructor and began h
- François Deguelt: French cabaret singer, author and composer, best known for participating in the Eurovision Contests on behalf of Monaco (1960 and 62). In 1960, he was ranked third, and second in 1962. His huge hit was titled "Le Ciel, le Soleil, et la Mer" (1965).
- Gustav Meyrink: Austrian occultist, novelist, journalist and banker, most famous for "Der Golem," and "The Green Face," best-sellers in the '20s.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 December 1932 and get them!