Wednesday 4 December 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Go West, directed by Edward Buzzell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 1940!
Which were the important events of 4 December 1940 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
- John Cale: Wales, United Kingdom -- Rock vocalist / keyboardist (Velvet Underground).
- Gary Gilmore: American homicide.
- Freddy Cannon [Picariello] in Lynn: Massachusetts, USA; rocker (Palisades Park).
- Gerd Achterberg: German footballer and manager.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Five O'Clock Whistle - Ella Fitzgerald
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 December 1940 and get them!