Saturday 4 December 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK My Son My Son by Vera Lynn was in the top 5 hits.
The Country Girl, directed by George Seaton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 1954!
Which were the important events of 4 December 1954 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
- Tony Todd: American film and TV actor and producer.
- Nina Vasar: wife of Russian composer Dmitri Shostakovich, dies.
- Hit the Trail closes at Mark Hellinger Theater NYC after 4 performances
- On Your Toes closes at 46th St. Theater NYC after 64 performances
- The first Burger King is opened in Miami, Florida, United States
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?