Friday 4 December 1964
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marisa Tomei in Brooklyn and Bill Peterson in Smithfield.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Ringo by Lorne Greene.
In UK Baby Love by The Supremes was in the top 5 hits.
Father Goose, directed by Ralph Nelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while This Rough Magic by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der goldene Schuß.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 1964!
Which were the important events of 4 December 1964 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
- Marisa Tomei in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actress (My Cousin Vinny).
- Bill Peterson in Smithfield: North Carolina, USA; WLAF general manager (Amsterdam Admirals).
- Marisa Tomei: Movie Actress.
- Sertab Erener: Turkish singer-songwriter.
- Jonathan Goldstein: American actor and director.
- Baseball approves a free-agent draft
- Beatles release Beatles For Sale album
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 December 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lorne Greene - Ringo
- Bobby Vinton - Mr. Lonely
- The Shangri-Las - Leader Of The Pack
- The Zombies - She's Not There
- The Supremes - Baby Love
- The Rolling Stones - Time Is On My Side
- The Kinks - You Really Got Me
- The Supremes - Come See About Me
- Johnny Rivers - Mountain Of Love
- Gene Pitney - I'm Gonna Be Strong
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?