Thursday 4 December 1969
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye by Steam.
In UK Sugar Sugar by Archies was in the top 5 hits.
They Shoot Horses, Don't They?, directed by Sydney Pollack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The House On The Strand by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 1969!
Which were the important events of 4 December 1969 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
- Plum Sykes: English journalist and author.
- Hilary Price: American cartoonist, creator of the "Rhymes with Orange" syndicated comic strip that by 2005 appears in nearly 200 daily newspapers around the country.
- Jay Z: American rapper, record producer, and entrepreneur.
- Ferric Collons: NFL defensive end (New England Patriots).
- Terry Glenn: wide receiver (New England Patriots).
- Mik Middleton: WLAF safety (Barcelona Dragons).
- Jacques Landry in Saskatoon: Saskatchawan, Canada; cyclist (Olympics-1996).
- Jay-Z: American rapper
- Black Panther Party members Fred Hampton and Mark Clark are shot and killed in their sleep during a raid by 14 Chicago police officers.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 5th Dimension - Wedding Bell Blues
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- The Beatles - Come Together
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- R.B. Greaves - Take A Letter Maria
- Blood, Sweat and Tears - And When I Die
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- Stevie Wonder - Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday
- Three Dog Night - Eli's Coming
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 December 1969 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?