Monday 4 December 1978
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Le Freak by Chic.
In UK Mary's Boy Child by Boney M was in the top 5 hits.
Superman, directed by Richard Donner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while War And Remembrance by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1978.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 1978!
Which were the important events of 4 December 1978 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
Famous Birthdays:04 December
- Samuel Abraham Goldsmith: Netherlands/US phycist, dies at age 76.
- Dianne Feinstein is named SF 1st female mayor
- War criminal Pieter Menten freed
- Pioneer Venus 1 goes into orbit around Venus.
- Dutch War criminal Pieter Menten freed.
- Following the murder of Mayor George Moscone, Dianne Feinstein becomes San Francisco, California's first female mayor (she served until January 8, 1988).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chic - Le Freak
- Donna Summer - MacArthur Park
- Barbra & Neil - You Don't Bring Me Flowers
- Gino Vannelli - I Just Wanna Stop
- Ambrosia - How Much I Feel
- Alicia Bridges - I Love The Nightlife (Disco Round)
- Al Stewart - Time Passages
- Billy Joel - My Life
- Dr. Hook - Sharing The Night Together
- Andy Gibb - (Our Love) Don't Throw It All Away
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?