Tuesday 4 December 1979
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Babe by Styx.
In UK Another Brick In The Wall by Pink Floyd was in the top 5 hits.
Star Trek: The Motion Picture, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Establishment by Howard Fast was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 1979!
Which were the important events of 4 December 1979 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
- Jeff Taylor: Canadian computer scientist.
- Ysabella Brave: American singer-songwriter.
- Jay DeMerit: American soccer player.
- Neffeteria Pugh: Reality Star.
- Robert Karnes: Actor (Max-The Lawless Years), dies at 62.
- Cleveland Cavaliers retire jersey number 7, Bingo Smith.
- The Hastie fire in Hull, kills three schoolboys and eventually leads police to arrest Bruce George Peter Lee.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Styx - Babe
- Barbra Streisand - No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)
- Commodores - Still
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - Please Don't Go
- Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Pina Colada Song)
- Stevie Wonder - Send One Your Love
- Eagles - Heartache Tonight
- J.D. Souther - You're Only Lonely
- Barry Manilow - Ships
- Captain and Tennille - Do That To Me One More Time
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?