Saturday 4 February 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Invasion of the Body Snatchers, directed by Don Siegel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 February 1956!
Which were the important events of 4 February 1956 ?
- Saint Veronica, patron saint of photographers
- Ancient Latvia - Biezputras Diena observed.
- Independence Day in Sri Lanka (1948).
- Angolan Anniversary of the Outbreak of Armed Struggle against Portuguese Colonialism.
- Saint Gilbert (d. 1189)
- Saint John Hector de Britto
- Saint Rembert of Torhout
- Elizabeth Vanin: Brazilian psychologist who married a priest and established a psychological clinic with him.
- AL plans to test automatic intentional walk during spring training
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1956 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 February 1956 and get them!