Monday 4 February 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Singing The Blues by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Wings of Eagles, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Fountain Overflows by Rebecca West was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 February 1957!
Which were the important events of 4 February 1957 ?
- Saint Veronica, patron saint of photographers
- Ancient Latvia - Biezputras Diena observed.
- Independence Day in Sri Lanka (1948).
- Angolan Anniversary of the Outbreak of Armed Struggle against Portuguese Colonialism.
- Saint Gilbert (d. 1189)
- Saint John Hector de Britto
- Saint Rembert of Torhout
- Don Davis: American composer and conductor.
- Patrick Le Hyaric: French journalist, politician and Member of the European Parliament elected in the 2009 European election for the Île-de-France constituency representing the Left Front.
- Jean-Émile Sanchez: French farmer, the spokesperson of the Peasant Confederation from April 2004 to June 2005.
- Marcel Cerqueira: French homicide; killed a taxi cab driver 5/01/1984.
- Evan Wolfson: American attorney and activist.
- 1st electric portable typewriter placed on sale (Syracuse NY)
- First electric portable typewriter placed on sale (Syracuse, New York, USA).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1957 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?