Thursday 4 February 1960
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Running Bear by Johnny Preston.
In UK Why by Anthony Newley was in the top 5 hits.
Sink the Bismarck!, directed by Lewis Gilbert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 February 1960!
Which were the important events of 4 February 1960 ?
- Saint Veronica, patron saint of photographers
- Ancient Latvia - Biezputras Diena observed.
- Independence Day in Sri Lanka (1948).
- Angolan Anniversary of the Outbreak of Armed Struggle against Portuguese Colonialism.
- Saint Gilbert (d. 1189)
- Saint John Hector de Britto
- Saint Rembert of Torhout
- Tim Booth: British singer (James).
- Mark Dawson: British-born American entertainment manager (The Iron Maidens).
- Siobhan Dowd: British author and activist (d. 2007).
- Jenette Goldstein: American actress.
- Adrienne King: American actress dancer and painter.
- Jonathan Larson: American composer and playwright, dies of aortic aneurysm at age 35 (born 1960).
- Pamelyn Ferdin: Actress (Happy Birthday Wanda June, Tool Box Murders)
- BBWAA voters fail to elect a new Hall of Fame member
- Giants move their offices to Candlestick Park
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Where Or When - Dion and the Belmonts
- Jimmy Clanton - Go, Jimmy, Go
- Steve Lawrence - Pretty Blue Eyes
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 February 1960 and get them!