Tuesday 4 February 1969
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Crimson And Clover by Tommy James and the Shondells.
In UK Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da by Marmalade was in the top 5 hits.
Pierrot le Fou, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 February 1969!
Which were the important events of 4 February 1969 ?
- Saint Veronica, patron saint of photographers
- Ancient Latvia - Biezputras Diena observed.
- Independence Day in Sri Lanka (1948).
- Angolan Anniversary of the Outbreak of Armed Struggle against Portuguese Colonialism.
- Saint Gilbert (d. 1189)
- Saint John Hector de Britto
- Saint Rembert of Torhout
- Dallas Drake in Trail: British Columbia, Canada; NHL center (Winnipeg Jets).
- Chris Crooms: WLAF safety (Barcelona Dragons).
- Joe Sacco in Medford: Massachusetts, USA; NHL right wing (Anaheim Mighty Ducks).
- Brad Cornett: US baseball pitcher (Toronto Blue Jays).
- Brandy Ledford: American actress and model.
- Chastity Bono in Los Angeles: California, USA; daughter/actress (Sonny and Cher Show).
- Joe Sacco: Medford -- NHL right wing (Anaheim Mighty Ducks)
- Duncan Coutts: Canadian bass player and songwriter (Our Lady Peace)
- Dallas Drake: Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- Thelma Ritter: Brooklyn, New York -- Actress (Miracle on 34th Street).
- 41,163, then largest NBA crowd, watches doubleheader Cin-Det, SD-Bost
- Beatles appoint Eastman and Eastman, as general cousel to Apple
- Yassar Arafats takes over as Chairman of PLO
- Yasser Arafat takes over as chairman of the Palestine Liberation Organization.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- Sly & the Family Stone - Everyday People
- Brooklyn Bridge - Worst That Could Happen
- The Doors - Touch Me
- The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
- The Bee Gees - I Started A Joke
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
- Booker T. & The MG's - Hang 'Em High
- Tyrone Davis - Can I Change My Mind
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?