Wednesday 4 February 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson.
He's Just Not That Into You, directed by Ken Kwapis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Freedom Watch with Judge Napolitano.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth or Just Dance.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 February 2009!
Which were the important events of 4 February 2009 ?
- Saint Veronica, patron saint of photographers
- Ancient Latvia - Biezputras Diena observed.
- Independence Day in Sri Lanka (1948).
- Angolan Anniversary of the Outbreak of Armed Struggle against Portuguese Colonialism.
- Saint Gilbert (d. 1189)
- Saint John Hector de Britto
- Saint Rembert of Torhout
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 February
- Lux Interior: American musician (The Cramps) (Born 1946).
- 2008-2009 Israel-Gaza conflict:
- An Israel Defense Force investigation concludes that the attack on Izzeldin Abuelaish was reasonable. (Jerusalem Post)
- The United Nations backtracks on a claim that a deadly Israeli Defense Force strike hit a Gaza school. (Haaretz)
- Late 2000s recession
- The United States Treasury moves to broaden its debt ranging options to raise the trillions of dollars needed to cope with the current recession. (Reuters)
- German legendary model train manufacturer Märklin goes bankrupt after the failure of long-running restructuring efforts. (Financial Times)
- Panasonic Corp. announces plans to shut down 27 plants throughout the world and slash 15,000 jobs due to a slump in demand for its electronic products resulting from the worldwide recession. (AP via Google News)
- Icelandic retail group Baugur has applied to a district court in Reykjavik to enter into a moratorium process. (Sky News)
- Unemployment in Ireland sees the highest monthly increase in 40 years, with the equivalent of 1,500 people being laid off daily. (RTÉ)
- Russian financial crisis of 2008-2009:
- Fitch Ratings downgrades Russia's long-term foreign and local currency ratings to BBB and places its outlook on negative. (Dow Jones via Easy Bourse)
- Samira Ahmed Jassim, who allegedly recruited more than 80 suicide bombers, is arrested in Iraq. (''Times Online'')
- The High Court of Justice alleges British resident Benyam Mohammed was tortured and that the US threatened to withdraw intelligence help from the United Kingdom if details were released. (BBC)
- A senior British Army officer is arrested in Afghanistan on suspicion of breaking the ''Official Secrets Act'' by leaking information on civilian casualties to a human rights campaigner. (Press Association via ''The Guardian'')
- Sri Lankan artillery attacks in the last 24 hours in the Vanni result in the deaths of at least 52 Tamils. (The Guardian)
- Latvia's Minister of Agriculture resigns in the wake of growing protests by farmers. (BBC)
- The director of Somalia's independent HornAfrik radio station, Said Tahlil Ahmed, is killed in Mogadishu. (BBC)
- UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon announces a commission to investigate the assassination of former Pakistani prime minister Benazir Bhutto. (AFP via Google News)
- Fossils from Colombia reveal ''Titanoboa cerrejonensis'', the largest snake ever discovered. (''Nature'')
- Eight trucks are attacked en route to Afghanistan by suspected Taliban militants. (BBC News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?