Friday 4 February 2011
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Grenade by Bruno Mars.
Just Go with It, directed by Dennis Dugan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fumbling Thru the Pieces.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blocks That Matter or DJMax Technika 3.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 February 2011!
Which were the important events of 4 February 2011 ?
- Saint Veronica, patron saint of photographers
- Ancient Latvia - Biezputras Diena observed.
- Independence Day in Sri Lanka (1948).
- Angolan Anniversary of the Outbreak of Armed Struggle against Portuguese Colonialism.
- Saint Gilbert (d. 1189)
- Saint John Hector de Britto
- Saint Rembert of Torhout
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 February
- 2011 Egyptian protests:
- Anti-government protesters demonstrate against the Mubarak regime for an eleventh day - the ampquotDay of Departureampquot. (Al Jazeera)
- Organisers of the 2011 Egyptian protests call on supporters to fill every square in Cairo after two days of clashes between supporters and opponents of President of Egypt Hosni Mubarak. (Washington Post)
- Protesters in Cairo's Tahrir Square chant ampquotLeave! Leave! Leave!ampquot, ampquotAllahu akbar!ampquot and ampquotToday is the last dayampquot. (''The Guardian'')
- Al Jazeera investigates the hacking of its (''The Guardian'')
- Nederlandse Omroep Stichting cameraman Eric Feijten is arrested again after being released from his previous arrest. (''The Guardian'')
- Reporter Bert Sundström of Swedish public broadcaster SVT, reported missing yesterday, is hospitalised and undergoing surgery for serious ampquotknife injuriesampquot in Cairo after being kidnapped and stabbed. (AFP via ''The Swedish Wire'')
- Mohammed al-Beltagi, a leading member of the Muslim Brotherhood, tells Al Jazeera that the movement has no ambitions to run for the Egyptian presidency. (Al Jazeera)
- Ahmad Mohamed Mahmoud of Al-Ta'awun becomes the first journalist to die covering the protests as attacks on journalists continue. (Committee to Protect Journalists)
- Al-Arabiya TV reports that former interior minister Habib Ibrahim El Adly and other former ministers are under house arrest pending an official probe. (MSNBC)
- Fox News reports that a recent assassination attempt on Vice-President of Egypt Omar Suleiman left two bodyguards dead. (Fox News)
- International response to the 2011 Egyptian protests:
- Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon calls for the ampquotviolence and intimidationampquot to ampquotstopampquot, saying that events have taken ampquota deeply troubling turnampquot and branding restrictions on the media as ampquotutterly unacceptableampquot. (''The Guardian'')
- The chiefs of the European Union condemn the violence and a statement is jointly issued by Britain, France, Germany, Italy and Spain. (AFP via ''The Australian'')
- Police beat with batons and shoot tear gas at student protesters in the Sudanese state of Sennar in demonstrations inspired by the uprisings in Tunisia and Egypt. (''The Guardian'')
- 2011 Syrian protests:
- Syrian protestors call for ampquota day of angerampquot against the Syrian government. (France 24)
- Plainclothes Syrian security agents are deployed outside Parliament in Damascus ahead of the anti-government demonstrations there. (CP via Google News)
- Cambodian–Thai border stand-off: The Thai Army and the Cambodian Armed Forces clash on the border near the Preah Vihear Temple. (''Bangkok Post'')
- Islamic militants kill two Thai security guards in the south of the country. (''Straits Times'')
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 February 2011
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bruno Mars - Grenade
- Katy Perry - Firework
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
- Enrique Iglesias - Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)
- Rihanna - What's My Name?
- Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me
- Ke$ha - We R Who We R
- P!nk - Raise Your Glass
- The Black Eyed Peas - The Time (Dirty Bit)
- Pitbull - Hey Baby (Drop It To The Floor)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?