Thursday 4 January 1912
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Celo Ferreiro and Jacques Medinger.
The Doll, directed by Joseph Delmont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1912!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1912 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Celo Ferreiro: Galicianist activist, writer, poet, and political journalist.
- Jacques Medinger: French accordionist, who formed a duo with his brother Jean.
- Stephen McGill: Scottish ecclesiastic, Roman Catholic priest and Bishop of Argyll and The Isles.
- Noro Morales: Puerto Rican-American pianist and bandleader (d. 1964).
- The Scout Association is incorporated throughout the British Commonwealth by Royal Charter.
- Smallest earth-moon distance this century, 356,375 km center-to-center.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1912 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Oceanna Roll - Arthur Collins
- Make Me Love You Like I Never Loved Before - That Girl Quartet
- They Always Pick on Me - Ada Jones
- Nut Cracker Ballet-Characteristic Dance - Arthur Pryor's Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?