Friday 4 January 1935
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Lives of a Bengal Lancer, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1935!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1935 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Walter Mahlendorf: German sprinter.
- Toru Terasawa: Japanese runner.
- Floyd Patterson: American boxer, an Olympic gold medal and professional heavyweight champion.
- Kenneth Money: in Canada; astronaut (STS 42-alternate).
- Bob Hope 1st heard on network radio as part of The Intimate Revue
- Ft Jefferson National Monument, Florida established
- Fort Jefferson National Monument, Florida established.
- Dry Tortugas National Park is established.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1935 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- All Through the Night - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Isle Of Capri - Ray Noble & His Orchestra (Vocal Al Bowlly)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?