Wednesday 4 January 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jon Appleton and Oliver Clark in Buffalo.
The Dawn Patrol, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Western Cabaret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1939!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1939 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Jon Appleton: Composer.
- Oliver Clark in Buffalo: New York, USA; actor (Bob Newhart Show, Two of Us).
- Harold Budd: American champion rower in the coxswain event.
- Joseph Bonnel: .
- Frieda Wunderlich elected 1st woman Dean of a US graduate school
- Hermann Goering appoints Reinhard Heydrich head of Jewish Emigration.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 January 1939
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1939 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- They Say - Artie Shaw & His Orchestra
- You're A Sweet Little Headache - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Martha Tilton)
- Thanks for Everything - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?