Wednesday 4 January 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Dawn Patrol, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1939!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1939 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Joseph Bonnel: .
- Oliver Clark in Buffalo: New York, USA; actor (Bob Newhart Show, Two of Us).
- Harold Budd: American champion rower in the coxswain event.
- Jon Appleton: Composer.
- Frieda Wunderlich elected 1st woman Dean of a US graduate school
- Hermann Goering appoints Reinhard Heydrich head of Jewish Emigration.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1939 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- They Say - Artie Shaw & His Orchestra
- You're A Sweet Little Headache - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Martha Tilton)
- Thanks for Everything - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?