Thursday 4 January 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anthony Skooter Teague and Luc Boltanski.
His Girl Friday, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1940!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1940 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Anthony Skooter Teague: Texas, United States -- Actor (How to Succeed in Business).
- Luc Boltanski: French sociologist, Professor at the École des hautes études en sciences sociales, Paris, and founder of the Groupe de Sociologie Politique et Morale, known as the leading figure in the new "pragmatic" school of French sociology.
- Alexander Chancellor: English journalist.
- Gao Xingjian: Chinese-French author playwright and critic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Helmut Jahn: German-American architect designed Liberty Place and Messeturm.
- Brian Josephson: Welsh physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate
- WWII: Axis powers: Luftwaffe General Hermann Göring assumes control of most war industries in Germany.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Man Who Comes Around - Tommy Tucker & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?