Saturday 4 January 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Dead Reckoning, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1947 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- J Danforth Quayle: (Sen-R-Ind, 44th VP 1989-93) / rich draft dodger.
- Chris Cutler: American-English drummer and songwriter (Henry Cow Art Bears News from Babel Cassiber The Science Group and Brainville).
- Marie-Thérèse Letablier: French sociologist and academic.
- Rick Stein: English chef and television presenter.
- Park Avenue closes at Shubert Theater NYC after 72 performances
- Show Boat closes at Ziegfeld Theater NYC after 417 performances
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons - Dinah Shore
- Ain't Nobody Here but Us Chickens - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?