Saturday 4 January 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include J Danforth Quayle and Chris Cutler.
Dead Reckoning, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Bristol-Myers Tele-Varieties.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1947 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- J Danforth Quayle: (Sen-R-Ind, 44th VP 1989-93) / rich draft dodger.
- Chris Cutler: American-English drummer and songwriter (Henry Cow Art Bears News from Babel Cassiber The Science Group and Brainville).
- Marie-Thérèse Letablier: French sociologist and academic.
- Rick Stein: English chef and television presenter.
- Park Avenue closes at Shubert Theater NYC after 72 performances
- Show Boat closes at Ziegfeld Theater NYC after 417 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons - Dinah Shore
- Ain't Nobody Here but Us Chickens - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?