Tuesday 4 January 1949
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Margaret Marshall and Mick Mills.
Golden Boy, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching NBC Presents.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1949!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1949 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Margaret Marshall: Scottish soprano, whose career started in the 1970s and who has sung a wide range of classical and operatic roles.
- Mick Mills: English footballer and manager.
- RMS ''Caronia'' of the Cunard Line departs Southampton for New York on her maiden voyage.
- ampnbsp– February 22 ampndash Series of winter storms in Nebraska, Wyoming, South Dakota, Utah, Colorado and Nevada ampndash winds of up to 72ampnbspmph ampndash tens of thousands of cattle and sheep perish.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?