Sunday 4 January 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dirk Heun and Andreas Vgenopoulos.
In UK Here In My Heart by Al Martino was in the top 5 hits.
My Cousin Rachel, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Your Favorite Story.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1953!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1953 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Dirk Heun: German footballer.
- Andreas Vgenopoulos: Greek businessman.
- James Warren: American journalist.
- Cruz Bustamante: American politician, a Democrat and the 45th lieutenant governor of CA who had the unenviable task of setting the date for the recall of Gov.
- Norberto Alonso: Argentinian footballer.
- Arthur Hoyt: Actor (Gold Rush Gertie, Lost World), dies at 78.
- KTSM TV channel 9 in El Paso, TX (NBC) begins broadcasting
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 January 1953
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1953 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?