Sunday 4 January 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
In UK Here In My Heart by Al Martino was in the top 5 hits.
My Cousin Rachel, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1953!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1953 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Cruz Bustamante: American politician, a Democrat and the 45th lieutenant governor of CA who had the unenviable task of setting the date for the recall of Gov.
- Norberto Alonso: Argentinian footballer.
- Dirk Heun: German footballer.
- Andreas Vgenopoulos: Greek businessman.
- James Warren: American journalist.
- Arthur Hoyt: Actor (Gold Rush Gertie, Lost World), dies at 78.
- KTSM TV channel 9 in El Paso, TX (NBC) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?