Tuesday 4 January 1955
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
Bad Day at Black Rock, directed by John Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1955!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1955 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Kathy Forester in Lookout Mountain: Georgia, USA; country singer (Forester Sister - "Men").
- Mark Hollis English pop musician ("Talk Talk": "Dum Dum Girl").
- Cecilia Conrad: Norwegian economist and academic.
- Mark Hollis: English singer-songwriter (Talk Talk).
- Mimmo Calopresti: Italian film director, screenwriter, producer and actor.
- The Greek National Radical Union is formed by Konstantinos Karamanlis.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1955 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Eddie Calvert - Oh Mein Papa
- The Finger Of Suspicion - Dickie Valentine With The Stargazers
- Frankie Laine - Blowing Wild
- Mambo Italiano - Rosemary Clooney & The Mellomen
- Winifred Atwell - Let's Have A Party
- No One But You - Billy Eckstine
- David Whitfield - Rags To Riches
- Ronnie Hilton - I Still Believe
- Mantovani - Swedish Rhapsody
- Ruby Murray - Heartbeat
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?