Tuesday 4 January 1955
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kathy Forester in Lookout Mountain and Mark Hollis English pop musician ("Talk Talk".
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
Bad Day at Black Rock, directed by John Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Soldiers of Fortune.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1955!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1955 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Kathy Forester in Lookout Mountain: Georgia, USA; country singer (Forester Sister - "Men").
- Mark Hollis English pop musician ("Talk Talk": "Dum Dum Girl").
- Mimmo Calopresti: Italian film director, screenwriter, producer and actor.
- Cecilia Conrad: Norwegian economist and academic.
- Mark Hollis: English singer-songwriter (Talk Talk).
- The Greek National Radical Union is formed by Konstantinos Karamanlis.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1955 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Eddie Calvert - Oh Mein Papa
- The Finger Of Suspicion - Dickie Valentine With The Stargazers
- Frankie Laine - Blowing Wild
- Mambo Italiano - Rosemary Clooney & The Mellomen
- Winifred Atwell - Let's Have A Party
- No One But You - Billy Eckstine
- David Whitfield - Rags To Riches
- Ronnie Hilton - I Still Believe
- Mantovani - Swedish Rhapsody
- Ruby Murray - Heartbeat
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?