Wednesday 4 January 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Just Walkin' In The Rain by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
All That Heaven Allows, directed by Douglas Sirk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1956!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1956 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Barney Sumner: rock guitarist/vocalist (New Order - "Blue Monday").
- Bernard Albrecht: English pop guitarist (Joy Division).
- Ann Magnuson in Charleston: West Virginia, USA; actress (Anything But Love, Hunger).
- Nels Cline: American guitarist and songwriter (Wilco).
- Ann Magnuson: American actress and performance artist.
- Sarojini Sahoo: Indian journalist author and poet
- Bernard Sumner: English singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Joy Division New Order Electronic and Bad Lieutenant)
- Alexander Tikhonovich Grechaninov, Russian/American composer, dies at age 91.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1956 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Top #9 songs in the UK
- Johnnie Ray - Just Walkin' In The Rain
- Bill Haley & His Comets - Rock Around The Clock
- Frankie Vaughan - The Green Door
- Guy Mitchell - Singing The Blues
- Bill Hayes - The Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Malcolm Vaughan - St Therese Of The Roses
- Frank Sinatra - Love And Marriage
- Bill Haley & His Comets - Rip It Up
- Bill Haley & His Comets - Rock-A-Beatin' Boogie
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?