Sunday 4 January 1959
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to The Chipmunk Song by The Chipmunks.
In UK It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty was in the top 5 hits.
Bell Book and Candle, directed by Richard Quine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while From The Terrace by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1959!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1959 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Yoshitomo Nara: Japanese pop artist.
- Vanity [Denise Marquardt]: Ontario, Canada -- Actress (52 Pick Up).
- Vanity : Pop Singer.
- Luna 1 becomes the first spacecraft to reach the vicinity of the Moon.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Chipmunks - The Chipmunk Song
- The Platters - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- Elvis Presley - One Night
- The Everly Brothers - Problems
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Ricky Nelson - Lonesome Town
- The Playmates - Beep Beep
- Clyde McPhatter - A Lover's Question
- Fats Domino - Whole Lotta Loving
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?