Thursday 4 January 1962
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Patrick Cassidy in Los Angeles and Martin McAloon.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to The Lion Sleeps Tonight by The Tokens.
The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone, directed by Jos Quintero, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hollywood Special.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1962!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1962 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Patrick Cassidy in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor/composer (Fever Pitch, Off the Wall).
- Martin McAloon: rocker (Prefab Sprout-2 Wheels Good).
- Joe Kleine NBA center (Phoenix Suns: Chicago Bulls).
- Laila Eloui: Egyptian actress.
- Andre Rouvoet: Dutch politician.
- Patrick Cassidy: American actor and noted family, the son of Shirley Jones and Jack Cassidy. A musical actor, he played in the TV drama "Something in Common," November 1986.
- Robin Guthrie: Scottish singer, bass player, guitar, keyboard and drums for the group, "Cocteau Twins;" one of the founding members from it's inception in November 1981.
- Peter Steele: Peter Steele was the lead singer, bassist, and composer for the gothic metal band Type O Negative. As the frontman for Type O Negative, Steele was known for his vampiric affect, towering stature, rich bass-baritone vocals, and a dark, often self-deprecating sense of humor.
- Natalya Bochina: Russian sprinter
- Harlan Coben: American author
- Laila Elwi: Egyptian actress
- Joe Kleine: American basketball player and coach
- André Rouvoet: Dutch educator and politician Deputy Prime Minister of the Netherlands
- Hans Lammers: German judge and politician (d. 1962).
- 1st automated (unmanned) subway train (NYC)
- New York City introduces the first automated subway train that operates without a crew on-board.
- New York City introduces a subway train that operates without a crew on board.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Tokens - The Lion Sleeps Tonight
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Bobby Vee - Run To Him
- Joey Dee & the Starliters - Peppermint Twist - Part 1
- Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love
- Neil Sedaka - Happy Birthday, Sweet Sixteen
- James Darren - Goodbye Cruel World
- Leroy Van Dyke - Walk On By
- The Lettermen - When I Fall In Love
- Ray Charles - Unchain My Heart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?