Friday 4 January 1963
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Telstar by The Tornadoes.
Days of Wine and Roses, directed by Blake Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1963!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1963 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Till Lindemann: German singer (Rammstein).
- Linda Muri in Killingly: Connecticut, USA; rower (Olympics-1996).
- May-Britt Moser: Norwegian psychologist, neuroscientist, and founding director of the Kavli Institute for Systems Neuroscience and Centre for the Biology of Memory at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in Trondheim, Norway.
- Thomas Fersen: French singer and composer.
- Igor Astapkovich: Belarusian hammer thrower.
- Dave Foley: Canadian comedian actor director and producer
- Soviet Luna (4) reaches Earth orbit but fails to reach Moon.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steve Lawrence - Go Away Little Girl
- Brook Benton - Hotel Happiness
- The Exciters - Tell Him
- Lou Monte - Pepino The Italian Mouse
- Bob B. Soxx And The Blue Jeans - Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah
- The 4 Seasons - Big Girls Don't Cry
- The Tornadoes - Telstar
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
- Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock
- Marcie Blane - Bobby's Girl
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 January 1963 and get them!