Monday 4 January 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Feel Fine by The Beatles.
In UK Yeh Yeh by Georgie Fame was in the top 5 hits.
Time to Love, directed by Metin Erksan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1965!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1965 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Rick Hearst Howard Beach: New York City, New York, USA; actor (Alan-Michael - Guiding Light).
- David Glasper: rocker (Breathe - "All I Need").
- Jergus Baca Liptovsky in Mikulas: Czechoslovakia; IHL defenseman (Team Slovakia 1998).
- Mitch Booth: Australian tornado yachter (Olympics-1996).
- John Jackson: NFL offensive tackle (Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Kevin Wickander: US baseball pitcher (Cincinnati Reds).
- Yvan Attal: Israeli-born French actor and director.
- Beth Gibbons: English singer-songwriter (Portishead)
- Cait O'Riordan: British bass player and songwriter (The Pogues and The Radiators from Space)
- Julia Ormond: English actress and producer
- Rob Wilson: English politician
- Craig Horwood: Australian-British dancer, choreographer and theatre director in the United Kingdom.
- Guy Forget: Moroccan professional tennis player. He was the winner of the Bercy Tournament in 1991 as well as the Davis Cup. During the 1993 season, he was the favored player in the Australia Open.
- T S Eliot: Poet (Washed Country), dies in London at 76.
- United States President Lyndon B. Johnson proclaims his ''Great Society'' during his State of the Union address.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
- Petula Clark - Downtown
- The Searchers - Love Potion Number Nine
- The Larks - The Jerk
- The Impressions - Amen
- Julie Rogers - The Wedding
- The Beatles - I Feel Fine
- The Supremes - Come See About Me
- Bobby Vinton - Mr. Lonely
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Goin' Out Of My Head
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 January 1965 and get them!