Monday 4 January 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Glasper and Jergus Baca Liptovsky in Mikulas.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Feel Fine by The Beatles.
In UK Yeh Yeh by Georgie Fame was in the top 5 hits.
Time to Love, directed by Metin Erksan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Not Only... But Also.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1965!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1965 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- David Glasper: rocker (Breathe - "All I Need").
- Jergus Baca Liptovsky in Mikulas: Czechoslovakia; IHL defenseman (Team Slovakia 1998).
- Mitch Booth: Australian tornado yachter (Olympics-1996).
- John Jackson: NFL offensive tackle (Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Kevin Wickander: US baseball pitcher (Cincinnati Reds).
- Rick Hearst Howard Beach: New York City, New York, USA; actor (Alan-Michael - Guiding Light).
- Yvan Attal: Israeli-born French actor and director.
- Guy Forget: Moroccan professional tennis player. He was the winner of the Bercy Tournament in 1991 as well as the Davis Cup. During the 1993 season, he was the favored player in the Australia Open.
- Craig Horwood: Australian-British dancer, choreographer and theatre director in the United Kingdom.
- Beth Gibbons: English singer-songwriter (Portishead)
- Cait O'Riordan: British bass player and songwriter (The Pogues and The Radiators from Space)
- Julia Ormond: English actress and producer
- Rob Wilson: English politician
- T S Eliot: Poet (Washed Country), dies in London at 76.
- United States President Lyndon B. Johnson proclaims his ''Great Society'' during his State of the Union address.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - I Feel Fine
- The Supremes - Come See About Me
- Bobby Vinton - Mr. Lonely
- The Searchers - Love Potion Number Nine
- Petula Clark - Downtown
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Goin' Out Of My Head
- The Impressions - Amen
- The Larks - The Jerk
- The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
- Julie Rogers - The Wedding
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?