Tuesday 4 January 1966
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to We Can Work It Out by The Beatles.
In UK Yeh Yeh by Georgie Fame was in the top 5 hits.
The Slender Thread, directed by Sydney Pollack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1966!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1966 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
Famous Birthdays:04 January
- WFLD TV channel 32 in Chicago, IL (IND) begins broadcasting
- Doug Walters scores second Test century in his second Test.
- A military coup takes place in Upper Volta (later Burkina Faso), dissolving the National Parliament and leading to a new national constitution.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - We Can Work It Out
- Simon & Garfunkel - The Sounds Of Silence
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - She's Just My Style
- The Vogues - Five O'Clock World
- The Statler Brothers - Flowers On The Wall
- The Righteous Brothers - Ebb Tide
- The Beatles - Day Tripper
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- The Dave Clark Five - Over And Over
- James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
Top #9 songs in the UK
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 January 1966 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?