Saturday 4 January 1969
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
Pierrot le Fou, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1969!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1969 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Lindsay Kennedy in Atlanta: Georgia, USA; actor (Jeb - Little House on the Prairie).
- Corie Blount: American basketball player, a forward for the Phoenix Suns.
- Kostas Frantzeskos: Greek footballer.
- Marla Runyan: American runner and long jumper.
- Kees van Wonderen: Dutch soccer player (NEC / NAC).
- Fig Leaves Are Falling closes at Broadhurst NYC after 4 performances
- France begins arms embargo against Israel.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- Young-Holt Unlimited - Soulful Strut
- B.J. Thomas - Hooked On A Feeling
- The Temptations - Cloud Nine
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
- Johnnie Taylor - Who's Making Love
- Classics IV - Stormy
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 January 1969 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?