Sunday 4 January 1970
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sean Lumpkin and Colin Scrivener.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head by B.J. Thomas.
In UK Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris was in the top 5 hits.
Angels and Demons, directed by Carlos Hugo Christensen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The House On The Strand by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kolumbowie.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1970!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1970 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Sean Lumpkin: NFL safety (New Orleans Saints).
- Colin Scrivener: Canadian Football League defensive tackle (Winnipeg Blue Bombers).
- Chris Kanyon: American professional wrestler (d. 2010).
- Jean-Etienne Valluy: French general (Born 1899).
- New York City transit fare rises from 20 cents to 30 cents, new larger tokens used
- Minnesota Vikings beat Cleveland Browns 27-7 in NFC championship game.
- Walter Cronkite ends hosting weekly documentary.
- Kansas City Chiefs beat Oakland Raiders 17-7 in AFC championship game.
- Beatles last recording session at EMI studios.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
- The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
- The Shocking Blue - Venus
- Neil Diamond - Holly Holy
- Bobby Sherman - La La La (If I Had You)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?