Monday 4 January 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carlos Perez and Errol Brown.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to My Sweet Lord by George Harrison.
In UK I Hear You Knocking by Dave Edmunds was in the top 5 hits.
Sometimes a Great Notion, directed by Paul Newman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Masterpiece Classic.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Oregon Trail or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1971!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1971 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Carlos Perez: Dominican / US baseball pitcher (Montreal Expos).
- Errol Brown: Canadian Football League defensive back (Winnipeg Blue Bombers).
- Jeremy Licht in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Mark-Valerie/Hogan Family).
- Deb Sonnenberg in Edmonton: Alberta, Canada; softball pitcher (Olympics-1996).
- Garrison Hearst NFL running back (Arizona Cardinals: San Francisco 49ers).
- Orlanda Truitt: wide receiver (Oakland Raiders).
- Sébastien Foucras: French freestyle skier and Olympic medalist. He received a silver medal at the 1998 Winter Olympics in Nagano, in aerials. He participated in the Fort Boyard game show in 1996 helping Adeline Blondieau's team win 76660 French francs.
- Junichi Kakizaki: Japanese botanist and sculptor
- Ohio agrees to pay US$675,000 to relatives of Kent State prison victims.
- US Congressional Black Caucus organizes.
- Dr Melvin H Evans inaugurated as first elected Governor of Virgin Islands.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 January 1971
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
- Dawn - Knock Three Times
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- Santana - Black Magic Woman
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
- Chicago - Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?
- The Supremes - Stoned Love
- Bee Gees - Lonely Days
- Barbra Streisand - Stoney End
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?