Thursday 4 January 1979
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Too Much Heaven by Bee Gees.
Invasion of the Body Snatchers, directed by Philip Kaufman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1979!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1979 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Charity Rahmer: American actress.
- Jeph Howard: American musician (The Used).
- Shergo Biran: German footballer.
- Tristan Gommendy: French race car driver.
- The State of Ohio agrees to pay $675,000 to families of the dead and injured in the Kent State shootings.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - Too Much Heaven
- Village People - Y.M.C.A.
- Billy Joel - My Life
- Toto - Hold The Line
- Dr. Hook - Sharing The Night Together
- Linda Ronstadt - Ooh Baby Baby
- Chic - Le Freak
- Barbra & Neil - You Don't Bring Me Flowers
- Alicia Bridges - I Love The Nightlife (Disco Round)
- Andy Gibb - (Our Love) Don't Throw It All Away
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 January 1979 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?