Sunday 4 January 1981
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to (Just Like) Starting Over by John Lennon.
In UK Imagine by John Lennon was in the top 5 hits.
Le gendarme de Saint-Tropez, directed by Jean Girault, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while The Covenant by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1981!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1981 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
Famous Birthdays:04 January
- Ruth Lowe: Canadian pianist and composer (I'll Never Smile Again) (d. 1981).
- Frankenstein opens and closes on Broadway
- Peter Pan closes at Lunt-Fontanne Theater NYC after 578 performances
- British police arrest Peter Sutcliffe, the Yorkshire Ripper
- 69th Australian Mens Tennis: B Teacher beats Kim Warwick (7-5, 7-6, 6-3).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Lennon - (Just Like) Starting Over
- Leo Sayer - More Than I Can Say
- Neil Diamond - Love On The Rocks
- Kenny Rogers - Lady
- Bruce Springsteen - Hungry Heart
- Air Supply - Every Woman In The World
- Barbra Streisand - Guilty
- Blondie - The Tide Is High
- Pat Benatar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot
- Heart - Tell It Like It Is
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?