Friday 4 January 2008
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale, directed by Uwe Boll, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Passport to Explore.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Biology Battle or Art Style: CODE.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 2008!
Which were the important events of 4 January 2008 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 January
- In the USA, Warner Bros studio announces it will drop support for the HD DVD video disc format on June 1, and will exclusively release high-definition DVDs in Sony's Blu-ray format. Warner Bros is Hollywood's biggest seller of DVDs, representing about 19 percent of sales in the United States.
- China allows academics to own patents (RSC)
- Transaven crash: A Venezuelan Let L-410 Turbolet carrying at least 14 people crashes near the Los Roques Archipelago. (Reuters)
- The 2008 Dakar Rally is cancelled due to safety concerns in Mauritania. (Jornal de Negócios)
- North Korean officials accuse the United States of not fulfilling its promise of humanitarian aid after an international disarmament agreement. (AP via CNN)
- Winter storms in California cause power outages, destruction of property and flight delays in San Francisco.
- Former Indonesian leader Suharto is taken to hospital in critical condition for anemia and low blood pressure. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?