Sunday 4 January 2009
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) by Beyonce.
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, directed by David Fincher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 2009!
Which were the important events of 4 January 2009 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 January
- A suicide bombing kills six people and injures 20 in Dera Ismail Khan, North-West Frontier Province, Pakistan. (CNN)
- A suicide bombing outside a Shia shrine in northern Baghdad, Iraq, kills at least 40 people and wounds at least 72. (''The New York Times'')
- A series of earthquakes up to 7.6 in magnitude strike the Indonesian province of West Papua, killing at least four people and wounding at least 37. (BBC News)
- New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson withdraws his nomination to be the next United States Secretary of Commerce because of an ongoing federal investigation into possible pay-to-play politics. (Reuters)
- United States President-elect Barack Obama nominates Virginia Governor Tim Kaine to be the Democratic National Committee's next chairperson. (CNN)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2009 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 January 2009 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?