Monday 4 January 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
The Book of Eli, directed by The Hughes Brothers, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Going Rogue: An American Life by Sarah Palin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 2010!
Which were the important events of 4 January 2010 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 January
- Tsutomu Yamaguchi: Japanese Businessman, and Survivor of Hiroshima and Nagasaki Atomic Bombings (Born 1916).
- Casey Johnson: American heiress and socialite (Born 1979).
- Sandro : Known by his artist names Sandro/Sandro de América ("Sandro of America"), Gitano (gypsy), and the Argentine Elvis, was a notable Argentine singer and actor.
- Rory Markas: American sportscaster (Born 1955).
- Johan Ferrier: Surinamese educator and politician 1st President of Suriname (d. 2010).
- The Burj Khalifa, the world's tallest building is officially opened.
- Johan Ferrier, first President of Suriname and the world's oldest living former head of state, dies in the Netherlands at the age of 99. (''Winnipeg Free Press'')
- NASA's Kepler telescope detects its first five exoplanets. (''New Scientist'')
- Egyptian archaeologists discover the largest tomb yet discovered in the ancient Saqqara necropolis. (Xinhua)
- 52 unmarried couples in Malaysia face charges of sexual misconduct and possible imprisonment after being caught alone in hotel rooms by the country's Islamic morality police. (Las Vegas Sun)
- American media report that the attacker who killed eight people at a CIA base in Afghanistan was a Jordanian triple agent. (AFP)
- The Burj Khalifa, the tallest structure ever built, opens to the public in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. (WAM Emirates News Agency)
- South African President Jacob Zuma marries his fifth and currently third wife. (BBC)
- Burmese military junta leader General Than Shwe urges people to make the ampquotcorrect choicesampquot in elections later this year. (BBC)
- At least 500 homes are damaged after a 7.2 magnitude earthquake hits the Solomon Islands. (''Washington Post'')
- A diesel fuel leak in Shaanxi, China reaches the Yellow River, a water source for millions of people. (Reuters)
- The Government of Serbia sues Croatia for genocide before the International Court of Justice with historical account of the Holocaust. (BusinessWeek)
- Large parts of northern China and South Korea are affected by the heaviest snowfall in 60 years, causing widespread disruption. (''Korea Times'')
- Met Éireann says Ireland is experiencing its most extreme cold spell of weather since 1963. (RTÉ)
- Police search for a mystery man who goes missing after sparking a security alert at Newark Liberty International Airport in the United States, causing the airport to be completely locked down. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- A representation of President of the United States Barack Obama is found hanging by a noose with the epitaph ampquotPlains, Georgia. Home of Jimmy Carter, our 39th Presidentampquot. (BBC)
- A gunman opens fire in the lobby of the Lloyd D. George Federal District Courthouse in Las Vegas, Nevada, containing the offices of Senators Harry Reid and John Ensign. A court security officer was killed and a U.S. Marshal injured before the assailant was shot dead. (KRSO)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 January 2010 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?